Friday, February 18, 2005

Between States rock show

My good friends, the members of "Between States" (or something like that), those friends being, Gold, Copycat, The Percusion Section, and Scooter, have a show tommorow at PC's house. I am attending. They will be rocking me out to such hits as... Um. Gambling Man. And... Allergic to Sanity. And I'm sure many other excellent songs. They play an interesting combination of Punk-New Age-Disco-Pop-Rock-Alternative-Ska-Grunge. It is very complicated music. But they pull it off beautifully and make it seem really simple. Except sadly, Scooter is going away for an appreciable fraction of my current length of lifetime come April. So they're going to have to find another cazoo-synth-full bass player combined with islandic moaning. Might be hard, scooter is a tough act to follow.

Sixteen months is a long time for someone to be away from home. Away from all their friends. I kind of want to visit him while he's gone and mooch off him for a week in far off Toronto. But alas, I am stared straight in the eyes but he shocking realization that the world isn't tailored to my every whim and the logistics of such a journey would be surely costly and definitely beyond my current means. Even if I go visit him for a few weeks in August after working all Summer, with my mounting tuition debts, I doubt I can take the time off and purchase the costly airline or bus tickets. Considering a ticket would cost $329.83. Each way. I wonder how quickly I could get a JOB in T.O. Probalby not fast enough really to make it worth while. Unless I could find one sooner and stay there ALL SUMMER with Scooter. That would rock hard.

I nearly had to curl up in a ball in a ray of sunshine through my sliding glass door this morning. It was so cold and windy outside yet the sun was bright and the sky clear. I was so tempted to go outside and go for a walk or something. But I knew deep in my heart it was around 7 degrees celcius. So I didn't and wasted my day away as per usual. Tommorow I got to get some work done I think. Oh wait! No I don't! I got to enjoy my concert! My favorite part is when disco and ska team up on grunge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home