Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Great Listing:

OF METALLICA SONGS (that are better than Enter Sandman):
Rules:
No covers. Studio recordings only please, even though the medley's are awesome.
(sadly that rule means no S&M, although the entire album, including the recording of Enter Sandman, is superior to Enter Sandman off of Black)

Kill 'Em All
The Four Horsemen
Whiplash
Seek & Destroy
Hit the Lights

Ride the Lightning:
Ride the Lightning
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Fade to Black
Trapped Under Ice
Creeping Death
The Call of Ktulu (Kthulu?)

Master of Puppets:
Battery
Master of Puppets
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Orion
Damage, Inc.

And Justice For All:
To Live is to Die
Blackened
One
Harvester of Sorrow

Metallica (Black)
Sad But True
The Unforgiven
Wherever I May Roam
Nothing Else Matters
Of Wolf and Man
My Friend of Misery
The Struggle Within

Load
Until It Sleeps
King Nothing
Hero of the Day

Reload
Fuel
Low Man's Lyric
The Memory Remains
Unforgiven 2
Devil's Dance

St. Anger
Frantic
St. Anger

... I wasn't that impressed with St. Anger.

Any others?

6 Comments:

At 3:47 AM, Blogger andrew said...

I would add Motorbreath.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Rohbit said...

I would also add Disposable Heroes on MoP.

That song is the shit.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger McAnerbot said...

I think the next time I iterate THE LIST I shall icnlude both those two and The Wait, which i've decided is four minutes and fifty seconds of hard rocking awesome.

Also probably some more songs from St. Anger. As I've listened to more of it and it is growing on me. Like a some sort of fungus called "not old" metallica.

And I use to think that Metallica needed half a decade to TRUELY rock.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Jamieson said...

I'd actually say that Enter Sandman is better than both Frantic AND St. Anger.

But I do see your point. I've heard Enter Sandman A LOT, and there are better songs.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Spangie said...

Hey!!

THE COOLEST CHRISTMAS DINNER EVAAARRR!!
when: Saturday, December 16th, 2006
where: Cronos Pizza LTD.
time: 7:00pm
RSVP ASAP

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger McAnerbot said...

But but... it's NOT in the top 20. As evidenced by the GREATER THAN 20 songs, listed in the SONGS BETTER than Enter Sandman. You must INDIVIDUALLY refute more songs than Frantic and St. Anger Kyle. :P

REFUTE. I dare you. THIRTY SIX songs in this in total, you have 14 more to refute for Enter Sandman to claim it's #20 spot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home