Wednesday, June 29, 2005

What have you been up to?

Her:
so what else have you been up to?

Me:
hmmmmmmm, applied at futureshop.... i like my chances. They need staff badly right now so ^_^ good timing for me. ummmmmm, did shitty on my midterm (let's just say less than 70%, but a pass, and leave it at that).

Her:
haha icic.

ooooooo...icic

Me:
conquered a small south american country armed only with a Swiss Army Knife and a Tim Hortons' mug and my smiling demeanor. But I lost it because the Swiss decided it was their's since I used their knife.

Her:
sad

Me:
But that's cool because I had already bankrupted the economy by moving the entire income of the country to a swiss bank account (/laugh at the Swiss, their own money is now mine due to their strict banking laws) which I'll sit on until the heat dies down. I've made LITERALLY Hundreds of dozens of dollars off my expedition

Her:
hmm..so actually, you're filthy rich now

Me:
Well, definitely filthy. South american showers are few and far between. I've already had fifteen showers since I got back and I can still smell the jungle in my hair. and not a musky sweet jungle scent either

Her:
it might be your soap. mixed in with your sweat. with a dash of your cologne

Me:
could be. oh well. Once I launder the money through my contacts in the indonesian government through some shady credit card swaps, I SHOULD have enough money to fill a largish barrel with toonies. But really, it isn't the money that counts, it is the experience. It isn't every day you get to conquer a country, momentarily improve it, and then after you finish reading the Globe & Mail while your in the WC, you find out the Swiss has hoodwinked it right out of you. I'm kinda surprised Tim Hortons' didn't sweet down on McTopia, they had the same chance that the Swiss had.


And then she went offline. I really do hope I get that job at Futureshop, these hundreds of dozens of dollars won't last me forever. Especially since they're not Canadian dollars and the exchange rate is in the pooper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home