Sunday, July 17, 2005

Crazy people?

No, it is just the heat.
Lunacy has gone out of style, so now, instead of on the full moon, the crazy people come pouring out of the woodwork when the thermometer hits highs of 30 or greater. I know that most days it never gets up that high, but it has gotten close a few times! Which still puts it 10 degrees hotter than it usually is for this damn city.

I know some people will go "30? Brrrr, how cold!"
Now that attitude garners a few open minded, and personal, responoses just from me:
1) Reuben and all the rest of my friends from hot places: Bugger off.
2) Americans: Bugger off. Learn to use SI units and join the rest of the planet. It is called Celcius,
3) There was a third catagory, but I forgot because it is to hot out. I'm sure there are people who have the "I like the heat!" attitude who don't fall into #1, so to you: Bugger off.

Back to the crazy people: Could be all the freetime people have in the summer. Combined with the heat forcing people from their homes. I'd just like to have one day, when I'm not sitting on the bus reading the metro and I read that some other person has been swarmed by a bunch of young kids. What ever happened to minor league sports taking up these kids time? Seriously though, if I'm walking around Vancouver one day and get attacked by a bunch of kids with to much time on their hands... I really don't know what I'd do. Probably the sane thing and cover up and try not to take a shiv in my tender bits.

Although I've never been known for my sanity.

I am totally considering converting to a nocturnal schedual. Wake up around 9-10 pm, do all my outside the house stuff, home by 2ish am. Do my around the house chores, 7 am go to school/work whatever. Come home and go to sleep. Repeat.

I see no drawbacks except I get like the whole social-stigmata that comes with only coming out at night. It is sorta like being a goth except you don't wear as much make up and you don't have to hate yourself and write crappy poetry about death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home