Monday, September 12, 2005

The Best Coke Ever, and some philosphy

Did I ever tell you about that time I went to the old spaghetti factory a few months ago? I think we were going to a movie afterwards. There might of been delays due to newsradio-persuasion back when there were those kinds of delays in our day-to-day activities. Much laughter was had.

It was fun. Chris and that-guy-who's-name-I-think-might-be-Ian-or-might-not-be were working. And they both came out and hung out with us. I ate lots of bread. Well, not much really, but I had already eaten that day, so I didn't get an entree.

Anyway, the meat of the matter. Why I bring it up and stuff. On that day, I had the best coca-cola ever. There is no debate in this. It was perfect. Just one glass. It was the first glass I had there, and all others were not as good, probably because the small amount of thirst I had might of already been slacked...

[aside: they say that hunger is the best spice, maybe same for thirst/drinks? For food idealy, guests should be exposed to the (good!) cooking smells for around half an hour before a meal, often with a light beverage such as ice water. Ice water provides no sustenance, yet prepares your digestive tract for recieving food. Primes it as it is. Anyway... back to the coke. Which coke? Why the best one of course.]

... And that subsequent drinks were merely good instead of being a borderline religious experience.

As for why I bring up this whole thing, besides the amusingness of the event, I was rather insistant about the awesomeness of my beverage selection, and how it might be an amusing anecdote of some sort, it is because I worry sometimes.

That I forget things.
I know this happens, because my mind is littered with shards of memory. A smile there, a smell there, a feeling, a laugh, a moment. But it is all unconnected... There aren't any associations with it. So it is meaningless. This is because I have nothing in my whole existance which is truely tied to how my life is now and recently. I don't have a camera, no pictures. I don't typically go and buy things. All my money I fritter away on impermanent things, things as fleeting as the memories connecting them.

I am one day I will forget something that I use to hold so important that I can feel the import of it, that I can see in my mind the shape of the memory, but the content will all be fled.

I think this because I am sitting here, fueled by a thirst that will not be slacked by water, regardless of how much I pour down my throat. Like I had something before, that I don't have anymore, but all that remains is the yearning for it.

It makes me sad. To feel the loss, but having no idea of how to lessen it.



I want a coke.

4 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger bj_nitsuj said...

Well, isn't this exactly what a blog's for? As in, putting down memorable events/ideas/etc?

For example, now that you have written about your near-orgasmic cola experience, it shall now forever be written in the archive of cyperspace...now you have this "connection" you speak so fondly of...

Well, until you delete this blog, if ever you will, that is...

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Jamieson said...

You and your crazy coke.

And coke.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger McAnerbot said...

I am such a coke feind.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Rohbit said...

Yes as am I... man I remember the first line i snorted.. it feels like just yesterday that they were stabbing me in the heart with that syringe full of adrenali..

Wait a se...

Oh yeah.. coke's a great beverage...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home